Miclauseni Sturdza Castle
(Februar 24th, 2021)
This castle, also known as the Strudza Palace, was built between 1880 and 1904 by Gheorghe Sturdza and his wife Maria in the village of Miclăușeni. It is located in northeastern Romania, about 65 km (40 miles) from the city of Iasi.
The building was erected on the site of a boyar’s house at the end of the 19th century, and the exterior walls of the building were decorated with numerous embossed decorations. The castle is furnished with marble stairs, rosewood furniture, terracotta stoves and porcelain. It has an extensive library and several collections, including for medieval weapons and costumes from the 16th century. It can be watched daily and can be rented for weddings and events. A restaurant is available in the castle area and it is possible to spend the night.