Cocoșu Monastery is located approximately 35 kilometers (21 miles) west of the city of Tulcea (near the Danube Delta) and 6 kilometers (4 miles) from the municipality of Niculițel, at the foot of the “Dealul Cocoșului” landscape. It was founded in the second half of the 17th century, the church being demolished and rebuilt in 1910.
More to know
Next to the church there is a small chapel, with the possibility of lighting candles there (image in the gallery). Candles for the deceased are lit on the right to commemorate them, and candles for the living, such as family and friends, are lit and greeted with good wishes.